What is Platinum?
Platinum has grown increasingly popular over the years due to its natural white beauty and durability. The rich white colour of Polished platinum makes it a popular choice for engagement rings, retaining its natural white lustre and its purity of 95% means it’s a hypoallergenic metal with minimal cases of allergic reactions.
Being the most prestigious option for a ring, Platinum is naturally heavier than over metals, (approximately 50% heavier than equivalent white gold) but it’s still mixed with alloy metals to ensure its strength and durability. Its high density makes it the most secure setting for your gemstones.
- Most durable metal available
- Heaviest & densest metal you can choose
- Will withstand everyday wear
- Perfect for delicate pieces
- Natural white colour will always be preserved
- Hypoallergenic due to its purity
- Natural white colour compliments gemstones
- Easy to work with
- Genuinely the most expensive metal
- Might not be suitable for pieces of a substantial size or weight due to the metals high density
Maintenance of all metals is down the lifestyle the wearer has. In the case of Platinum, due to its high durability the metal will naturally keep its white lustre but over time a slight sheen might develop on the surface of the metal which can always be polished by a professional jeweller to restore it back to its full lustre.
More Like This
Discover how our rings are more bespoke, use higher spec diamonds… but for a lower price
Get in touch with one
of our incredible designers
Our team and their wealth of experience will seamlessly guide you through the design process and create a unique, one off timeless piece of jewelery.
Get in touch with one of our incredible designers