So we all know that Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular times of year to propose and with Hot Pink by your side, you know that your intended is going to be head over heels with their beautiful new engagement ring. But, the entire proposal is need some thought and this year, as Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend, you’ve got all the time you need to plan something special. So, here are ten brilliant Valentine’s Day proposal ideas to suit your style and your budget…
1. The Flyaway – it’s a weekend so why not book a short break to somewhere fabulous in Europe and pop the question while you’re there? A gondola on the canals of Venice or under the stars by the Eiffel Tower could all be perfect but don’t discount the more unusual locations too. Head to the snow in the Alps or in Norway, search out some winter sun or indulge your love of culture, just make it special! Don’t forget, our proposal ring service is perfect if you’re travelling.
2. Get Some Help – if you’ve got a much-loved pet, why not get them to help you out? If you don’t fancy the thought of attaching THE RING to your dog’s collar, have a tag made that includes the magic phrase ‘will you marry me?’. Go for a lovely walk, pick the perfect spot and ask your intended to take a look at the dog’s collar…
3. Flowers – it wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without some flowers would it but a bouquet from the supermarket (or worse, the garage) just isn’t going to work if you want to propose. Instead, ask a florist to come up with something special for you. We love this flower-filled ring box – who could resist?
4. Breakfast In Bed – it’s a Sunday, it’s the weekend, it’s time for breakfast in bed and this is the perfect, relaxed place to propose. If you really want to go for it with balloons and decorations, you might have to find a way to get your other half out of the house for a while (an early morning run maybe?) and then you can get everything set up for their return. If they might suspect a proposal over a romantic dinner, this will be a complete surprise!
5. Afternoon Tea – there’s something so decadent about a beautiful afternoon tea in a really gorgeous hotel. If your partner is a fan of the finer things in life then this could be the perfect proposal location. Speak to your chosen venue beforehand to ask if they can personalise a macaron or delicate cake or even if they can just put the champagne on ice for you.
6. Book Lovers – we all have a book that means something special to and this could be a really thoughtful way to propose. Pick a book that your partner loves, cut out a heart-shaped nook inside and add your ring. Wrap the book beautifully and gift it to your partner on Valentine’s Day then, as they open it, it’s time to go down on one knee for the ultimate happy ending…
7. Write Your Own Story – who doesn’t love being told they’re loved? So, imagine how wonderful it would be to receive a notebook that’s full of all the reasons why someone wants to marry you? Take a little time out to fill in the pages, maybe add some photos or stories from your time together and then, when the moment’s right, give your gift and ask the question.
8. Home Sweet Home – lots of people don’t like the idea of proposing in public and when everywhere is super busy on Valentine’s Day, we can understand why. So, why not turn your house into the ultimate romantic location. Lots of candles, beautiful flowers and a banner declaring your love should make home that bit sweeter.
9. DIY – making something for someone you love always means that little bit more and, when your partner is probably expecting a Valentine’s Card, surprising them with a handmade proposal card is a great idea. There are lots of ideas for brilliant cards online and we love those that fold out to make the surprise even bigger!
10. Make A Game Of It – letting the anticipation build up can make a proposal even more wonderful so how about this personalised proposal jigsaw? Can you imagine watching your partner’s face as they start to read the message that’s appearing in front of them? Rather appropriate when you both fit together so well don’t you think?
We’d love to hear how you propose and don’t forget that we can certainly help you design your perfect engagement ring in secret for a wonderful Valentine’s Day surprise!