Join the Team
Role: Jewellery sales and design consultant
Deadline: We are looking to fill this vacancy immediately. As soon as a strong candidate gets in touch, they will be interviewed immediately.
Durham Rose is an independent bespoke jewellery company based just outside of London (1 minute from a central line station). We offer our clients a truly unique shopping experience, selling jewellery (primarily rings) to worldwide clients. Our engagement rings are one off commissioned designs, expertly crafted and hand finished to a premium standard. We do not do off the shelf.
This is a rare opportunity to join a unique sales team with all the benefits of working in a retail jewellery without any of the downsides of having to work in a typical retail environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our design team filling a new position as a jewellery sales and design consultant. You will be working with award winning software to create one off bespoke jewellery pieces on a daily basis. Not only will you collaborate with the client on a one to one basis via online/in-person consultations to bring their designs to life, you will get the opportunity to see the production of the piece and the final product before presenting it to the client. You will find that due to the intimate relationships you will build that you will become an integral part of each client’s story.
What We Offer
• Highly competitive salary with unlimited commission
• Quarterly appraisal with bonuses linked to realistic targets
• 40 hour week (Monday to Friday, occasional Saturday work may be required in the future)
• Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home
• The opportunity of joining a fast growing business which is on track to becoming a major player in the global jewellery industry
• Unique CAD training schedule
• Training in website content management
• Opportunity to design custom inspiration ranges
• Buy jewellery for yourself at cost price (conditions apply)
• A very enjoyable work culture with no strict dress code
• Opportunity to add Signiant value to a small team
• Responding to sales enquiries via telephone, email, online and in-person
• Using our jewellery design software to hold online/face to face consultations with clients to guide them through our bespoke design process
• Preparing and sending quotations for each jewellery piece (primarily engagement & wedding rings)
• QA control of the jewellery that you have designed followed by photographing and packaging jewellery to be sent to clients
• Assisting in the selection of diamonds and gemstones for new or existing orders
• Communicating with our designers and suppliers about specific customer requests
• Following up with customers post order for after care issues and to solicit reviews
• Providing an excellent level of customer service
• Meeting targets and KPIs linked to customer satisfaction and sales
• A minimum of 2 years of retail sales experience within the jewellery sector
• Formal training in the form of a university design degree or JET qualification
• A minimum of 1 year experience in using CAD, experience in using CounterSketch/Matrix is preferred but other design packages such as Rhino or Z-Brush would also be considered
• Technologically savvy
• Honest, friendly and polite in all dealings with our customers
• Ability to build rapport and nurture relationships on a daily basis
• A strong track record of producing consultative sales
• A demonstrable track record of loyalty
• A superb communicator in English (bilingual ability would be very desirable)
• Expert knowledge in diamonds and gemstones
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If successful there will be two further stages to this interview process. We are looking to fill this vacancy immediately. As soon as a strong candidate gets in touch, they will be interviewed immediately.
The Durham Rose Team
At Durham Rose we are always looking to expand our team. We have several ongoing opportunities including:
Having been students ourselves, we are aware of the importance of valuable internship opportunities. We strive to offer placements which harness your existing skills while enabling you to grow and develop in a range of business-related settings. During your time with us you will be involved in a number of projects under the guidance of our experienced team. If you specialise in a particular field, your projects will be tailored to develop your knowledge and skills associated with your craft.
Internships are offered for a 3-6 month term with the prospect of joining our team on a permanent basis post-internship. If you have experience in any of the following areas, we would love to hear from you:
– CAD Design
– Business Studies/Administration
– Marketing and Communications
– Media and Public Relations/journalism
For more information or to apply for an internship, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Internship’ in the subject line.
We welcome applications for the position of CAD Jewellery Designer.
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with clients online or in person to design bespoke, one-off pieces of jewellery. We specialise in ring design but successful candidates may be required to design other products including, but not limited to, earrings, pendants and bracelets. Ideally, applicants will be proficient in the use of one of more of the following CAD software programmes:
– Rhino, Matrix
For more information or to apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting ‘CAD Designer’ in the subject line.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator/Content Writer
We welcome applications for the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director, Durham Rose the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the company’s communication streams. Duties will include the management of social media avenues, updating website content, contributing to the Durham Rose Blog and liaising with members of the media while upholding the values and ethos of our organisation in the public arena.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Marketing and Comms’ in the subject line.